Hudson Food Pantry at Rejoice Lutheran Church
Food distribution is the 4th Saturday of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Food Pantry drop off times are: 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Saturday (and the 4th Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.)
Next Family Fun Night: Saturday, January 25th 6:30pm
- Family Fun Nights in 2020Want some good ole fashioned family fun with your kids, grand kids or other adults? Join us for our fun family nights! Saturday nights once each month from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. • Snacks • Short bible study • Crafts and games • Family time • Fellowship with others Bring a friend, coworker, and neighbor. … Read more
- Rejoice Voice January 2020This month's newsletter Rejoice-Voice-Jan-2020Download
- Congratulations to Bob Radl as an Unsung Hero in AkronBob Radl, a member of Rejoice, was recognized as an “Unsung Hero” by the Akron Beacon Journal on December 27 for his significant volunteer efforts with the Bhutanese population in Akron (see link to ABJ article and video below). After Bob retired, he was looking for some positive ways to spend his time while contributing … Read more
- Hudson Food Pantry Update December 2019In our continued partnership with the Hudson Food Pantry, on Dec 21., 24 participants received a Hudson mug (from Destination Hudson) filled with a mug brownie mix, candy, and a pair of new socks. The gifts were happily received and 40 families were served.
- Christmas Eve 2019 ServiceThanks to everyone who joined us! See you on Sunday! Please join us for a Candlelight Service to celebrate our Savior's Birth! Tuesday, December 24, 2019 7:00 PM Children of all ages welcome! Download flyer
The REJOICE Mission statement is:
“ To Rejoice in, and share the Good News of Jesus Christ with all people!”
God’s purpose for Rejoice is:
“To be Love in the World.”
Our Guiding Principles:
- Jesus is Lord and Savior.
- Prayer is central to all we do.
- Improve our relationship with God and others.
- Love one another and communicate openly and respectfully.
- Praise God through worship, prayer, the Word, sacraments, and music.
- Our Outreach should meet the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of others.
- Encourage spiritual growth through the study of the Word.
- Remain focused on and educate according to the Scripture and Lutheran doctrine.
When you invest with the Mission Investment Fund you help advance the ministry of our church, even as you save for your future. That’s because we use the money you invest to fund building and renovation loans for ELCA congregations and ministries. Not only do your investments earn you a competitive rate of return, they replace sagging church roofs, expand Sunday school classrooms, and build brand new church buildings from the ground up. Plus, MIF is well capitalized and prudently managed.
Why borrow with us? MIF specializes in church building projects, so we understand the unique needs of congregations and ministries. We provide special expertise in church building and fundraising. We offer competitive rates and terms. But the most beautiful part of borrowing with MIF is knowing that the interest you pay on your loan helps fund the loans of other ELCA congregations, so that they can share God’s love, too.